June 18, 2015
AD OPT Receives 2015 CORS Omond Solandt Award for Excellence in Operational Research
CHELMSFORD, Mass., June 25, 2015 — In a ceremony held last week at the Canadian Operational Research Society’s (CORS) annual conference, the AD OPT division of Kronos was awarded the 2015 CORS Omond Solandt award in recognition of substantial contribution to operational research in Canada. In particular, Kronos AD OPT’s leadership and impact in global airline crew planning and scheduling optimization was recognized with this award.
- The Omond Solandt award is awarded to an organization, private or governmental, that is deemed to have made an outstanding contribution to operational research in Canada.
- Kronos AD OPT, a leading provider of crew planning optimization solutions for the global airline industry, offers award-winning optimization technology that takes into consideration a large spectrum of variables when creating an equitable crew plan. For example, AD OPT helps build optimal crew pairings while respecting rules, collective agreements, and government regulations -as well as- generate rosters that improve crew quality of life without jeopardizing operational objectives.
- Kronos AD OPT has successfully applied this technology to solve complex airline crew planning issues, offering an entire suite of solutions that simplify planning and bidding processes, improve productivity, and enhance crew satisfaction.
- Fredrik Odegaard, president and chair of awards committee, CORS and assistant professor, management science, Ivey Business School, Western University“I am excited to see Kronos AD OPT receive this award for the value and impact its operational research has on the airline industry today. Congratulations to Kronos AD OPT for being among the companies pushing the forefront of analytics and operational research applications.”
- Tom Ivaskiv, vice president and general manager, AD OPT, a Kronos division“We are honored to receive this very prestigious award. Kronos AD OPT has been optimizing airline crew planning for nearly three decades and our suite of solutions is built on an advanced engine, offering crew planning teams powerful yet easy to use tools that can be customized for their specific needs. And our research team is continuously focused on innovation efforts and remaining at the forefront of operational research.”