Media & Resources Center
Get AD OPT latest news, product updates, and in-depth information on crew planning optimization. See how we’ve helped airlines to optimize operations.
Latest NewsView all
MONTREAL, March 12, 2013 — transavia.com, operating airline services to leisure destinations as an independent part of the Air France-KLM group, has selected a crew rostering solution from the AD OPT division of Kronos Incorporated. By automating and optimizing the crew planning process with Kronos, the Netherlands-based airline will further increase operational efficiency and improve crew quality of life.
- transavia.com selected the Altitude Rostering™ Footprint Generator application from Kronos AD OPT. The solution is expected to deliver a fast return on investment by fairly distributing work based on pre-defined equalization criteria and creating optimal monthly schedules for cockpit crew members.
- Built on AD OPT’s award-winning optimization technology, Altitude Rostering will help transavia.com balance competing crew scheduling requirements including quality of life considerations, company rules, union regulations, and cost constraints.
- The intuitive crew interface of the solution will further enable crew members to easily manage work schedules and personal interests. Additionally, Altitude Rostering provides bidding intelligence, which offers valuable insights on days that are requested and likely to be assigned to other crew members.
- Xander Bremer, vice president of flight operation, transavia.com
“Kronos AD OPT has been responsive and supportive throughout the selection process. With manual or simplified planning tools, we were not able to optimally generate schedules that meet airline requirements while ensuring that crewmembers are being treated equally. With the Kronos AD OPT solution, crewmembers will be able to voice their personal scheduling preferences and develop their own schedules with regard to their leave while keeping in accordance with company objectives.”
- Tom Ivaskiv, vice president and general manager, AD OPT, a division of Kronos
“Kronos AD OPT crew planning solutions are built to balance operational constraints while incorporating a wide range of crew requests, helping airlines streamline operations, reduce costs, and improve crew member quality of life. We look forward to helping transavia.com with our optimization technology to improve crew satisfaction while enhancing operational efficiency.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labour costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, hiring, and labour analytics applications at www.kronos.ca. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
©2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and Altitude Rostering is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Copa Airlines Selects Kronos AD OPT Solution for Operational Efficiency and Cost Savings. Read more
- IT – OPERATIONS: Crew planning gets trickier. Read more
- Kronos® and CIRCADIAN® Offer Fatigue Management Tool to Airlines. Read more
- Etihad Airways selects Kronos to Improve Operational Efficiency. Read more
- Mesaba Airlines Extends its Use of Altitude PBS™ to Improve Operational Efficiency and Maximize Crew Satisfaction. Read more
- Air Transat Relies on AD OPT for Optimized Pairings and Preferential Bidding Solutions
- Air Canada Improves Scheduling Efficiency
- Qantas: Operational Clarity, Efficiency and Bottom Line Soar with Automated and Optimized Manpower Planning Processes
- Bidline Scheduling with Equity by Heuristic Dynamic Constraint Aggregation
- (Français) GENCOL: Une équipe et un logiciel d’optimisation
- Daily Aircraft Routing and Scheduling
- The Preferential Bidding System at Air Canada